shovna birajmoye high school It is one of the schools in Shobhana village of Dumuria police station in Khulna district. It has about 500 students studying here. Studying in rural areas is an educational achievement.
Leading members of Krishak Samiti Satish Chandra Halda, Kamakhya Prasad Roychowdhury, Nagendranath Mallick, Jogendranath Mallick, Kalipad Basak, Nagendranath Sarkar, Samanti Sheikh, Sohrab Sardar, Monril, Monrinath Roy, Padma Haldar, Nagendranath Biswas and others took the initiative to establish a secondary school. Mr. Kalipada Basak, a prominent educationist and cultural personality of the area, came forward to welcome this initiative. He publicly promised to donate the necessary land for the educational institution. As a result, the school was established in October 1942 with the overall cooperation of the people of Shobhana, Bhadradia, Bamundia, Jialtala, Balabunia, Kadamtala and Madartala through the Krishak Samiti. Social worker Kalipada Basak donated 80 percent of the land for the school. Since the school was established on the land donated by Kalupada Basak, the school was named after the late Birajmoyee Basak, the mother of Kalipada Basak. Shortly after its establishment, the school became well-known in the area and gained permanent recognition on 17 April 1945 by the University of Calcutta.
Later, Saralabala Mallick and Santosh Kumar Das donated 10 per cent and 15 per cent land to the school respectively. Which plays a special role in creating a conducive environment for the school. Since its inception, Shobhana Birajmoyi Secondary School has been playing a special role in the overall development of education in the region.
The school has a playground from the beginning and games are organized every Thursday to entertain the students. It hosts football, cricket and other sports. The school has regular football teams and cricket teams. These teams participate in various inter-school competitions and often win and bring a reputation to the school. Annual sports competitions are held every year.
The main building of the school is an English “L” shaped two storey building. Besides, there is 1 more academic building and 1 higher secondary building. The main building has the headmaster’s office room, teacher’s auditorium, teacher’s auditorium, office room, fourth class staff room, classroom and conference room. The library, laboratory, sports room, scout drain etc. are located around the main building. Moreover, in 2015, the ground floor building known as the Higher Secondary Building was constructed.
There are fields for playing football and cricket. There are also small to large fields inside and outside the school. Where students play various sports in their leisure time.
Twelve months of the year, various cultural activities are held in the school. Martyr’s Day, Independence Day, Victory Day, Father of the Nation’s birthday and various state ceremonies are celebrated with due dignity. New Year celebrations, Basanti festival etc. are celebrated by students and teachers together. Educational tours are also organized every year.
It is an old school. Humanities, commerce and science have been opened in this school since its inception. Which includes – history, economics, geography, all subjects of the Department of Commerce. At present a total of 16 teachers are working. Among them 01 headmaster, including: headmaster 01, teachers 15, physical education teacher 01, librarian 01, and computer demonstrator 01.